- Do not become bogged down in your notes. BE FLEXIBLE.
- Pay attention to all speakers at the lectern (it is the polite thing to do)
- Make the audience feel at ease by staying in control.
- Lead the applause (or assign someone in the audience to start the applause for you.)
- Keep the Flow: IT MUST END ON TIME. Plan to return control to the President by specified time. Thank everyone for their participation. Gratitude is the attitude!
- Check on the printed agenda for the time available for each of the following meeting sections.
- Make opening remarks. Introduce your role (explain what TM of the day’s job is).
- Introduce any guests (if the President did not)
- Introduce Theme (if any)
- Explain meeting format. Announce changes to the agenda (if the President did not)
o Prepared Speeches
o Table Topics
- Introduce Functionaries (lead applause AFTER functionary has explained duty)
o Ahh Counter
o Grammarian (and Word of Day, if any)
o Timer Keeper
o General Evaluator
o Vote Counter/Trophy Master
o Table Topic Master
o Make introductions (See Toastmaster guidelines on “Introductions” below).
o LEAD THE APPLAUSE until the speaker reaches the lectern, and shake the speakers hand.
o At the end of each speech, lead the applause and offer a brief word of appreciation.
o Thank each speaker after they’ve spoken. Your function in this step is to bridge the gap between presentations and maintain the interest of the audience.
o Remind audience to complete evaluation sheets or comment slips.
o Introduce next speaker.
o At the conclusion of all speeches, ask for times and vote on Speeches that are eligible.
- Introduce table topic master
o LEAD THE APPLAUSE until the TTM reaches the lectern, and shake his hand.
o At the conclusion of all speeches, ask for times and vote on Table Topics that are eligible.
o Introduce evaluators
o LEAD THE APPLAUSE until the evaluator reaches the lectern, and shake his hand.
o At the conclusion of all evaluations, ask for times and vote on Evaluations that are eligible.
o Introduce General Evaluator.
o Ask for Ah Counter report.
o Ask for Grammarian report.
o Call for Trophy master.
o If we had guest, thank them for coming and ask for comments.
o Give closing statement.
o Return control to the President.